1, 100-200 word summary
Assessment 1 – Group Annotated Literature Review document (2 sources per group member) – _20%
For the Annotated Bibliography, 2 sources per individual student should be reviewed (200-400 words for the annotation).
Annotated Bibliography is an evaluation report on the source usefulness for the research on a selected topic. In other words, an Annotated Bibliography is a preparation for a research project or a brief literature review, when you evaluate sources and decide if you wish to use them later.
Selected sources found during the Annotated Bibliography development could be included in the Research Project, if judged as relevant. This is why it is a good idea to look for academically credible sources straight away, though a variety of sources could be used at this stage.
An annotated bibliography represents a list of sources considered for a research on a given topic (textbooks, academic journals, news published in online periodicals, corporate websites, video interviews, etc.). It should provide (1) a reference to the source in Harvard referencing style; (2) a brief description of the content and focus of a given work cited and (3) a consideration of the source’s usefulness for research: an evaluation whether to use or not to use this source in your study, and how this source may be useful. Each annotation should typically be 1 paragraph long (100-200 words), including only important and relevant information. It should be written in write in full sentences using academic vocabulary.
Indicative source types: methodological and theoretical literature sources published any time with preference for publications less than 10 years old, applied research and business news should typically be less than 3 years old.
Examples of annotated bibliography entries
When you compose your annotated bibliography, you will need to consider each part of the bibliography. Sentence starters can help you to focus your thoughts on these questions.
• • _The citation information should be in the same format as it would be in the reference list (in Harvard style) – leave a line BELOW
• A short statement of the author’s perspective (Example of sentence starters: In this article, Johnson reviews . . .; This article examines . . .; The authors describe . . .: The author’s purpose is to challenge . . .)
• • A short summary of the theory, research findings, or argument (Example of sentence starters: The main ideas expressed are . . .; Support for these claims is documented . . .; Smith has conducted a thorough investigation of . . .; The author’s research focuses on . . .)
• • Comments on the usefulness and/or limitations of the text for your research (Example of sentence starters: The author provides a strong theoretical . . .; The writing style considers a range of audiences . . .; Theories are supported by well-known researchers in this field, such as . . .; There is a lack of supporting evidence . . .; The main limitation of the website …)
• • An evaluative comment on the work, taking into account how this work will fit into your research on a topic (Example of sentence starters: This article is useful for my research topic . . .; Because the information is up-to-date and from a reliable source . . .; It is relevant to my study because . . .; In particular, this article will assist . . .)
• Sample annotation paragraph (172 words):
• The article examines the meaning of the word ‘care’ within a nursing context. The responsibility of nurses to provide care is legitimized in numerous documents, and the author goes on to identify key concepts related to nursing care.
• In particular, these concepts include assisting, helping and giving a
• service; offering this service to people who need help with daily living activities and to others who are affected by health deviations or illness of some kind.
• Moreover, the nurse’s caring role is legitimized by the patients. Finally, the article concludes by relating how these concepts are put into operation by using the steps of the nursing process—assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the patient’s need for nursing care. The main limitation of the article is that all of the research was exclusively conducted in large city hospitals.
• Therefore, while the article is useful for an analysis of nursing care, the limitations of its research base will require some adaption to meet the needs of this assignment that requires a commentary on services in both city and country area hospitals.
• Specific grading criteria for Assessment 1 (25% each):
• • Harvard referencing
• • Description of the study
• • Evaluation of credibility, limitations, and usefulness for doing the research on a specified topic
• • Following the submission criteria (written/oral/audio/video; compliance with the format rules; respecting the structure requirements and deadlines)
My topic is Self-esteem in workplace
I put two resources on the files, If you can find more useful resources you can use! Please use
! and send me back the original PDF
2. Short paragraph
200 words and at least 4 key point about How does OBSE(Organizational based self-esteem) impact in the workplace?More Essay Samples: Analyze the art that portrays pharaoh Akhenaten »Based on the book “Llama Llama Gram and Grandpa”